Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bored

It's normal to study until you feel bored, that's what we call laziness. It's not strange to watch tv until you feel bored, since some programs are really boring anyway. But when you read horror stories until you feel bored, you know there's something wrong with you... Well that's what happened to me. Seriously, I feel really bored and tired of life lately. I mean, it's not like I'll kill myself out of boredom, but still.

So anyway I was feeling too 'sien' to read novels lately, so I read short stories instead... Honestly, horror stories are not creepy anymore after a while... You can kinda guess what's gonna happen... In fact they're less scary than those 'I saw a white shadow in the Form 6 library' type of story people tell you. But actually, the fact that someone else told you the story and the possibility that it's real makes things scarier a lot. Anyway, here's a not really horror story I really like. Yea well it's not boring at all. And Nic likes it too. It's basically about a floating hand... http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2075125 You might want to try this one too, by the same author, same short story style... http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1961576

As for short stories... Recently me and Nat opened a new blog, and apart from our old novel which we are still working on, we decide to write a random short story just for fun... It was meant to be short but by the look of things, it might become very long instead... Visit this blog to read!

Anyway after reading so many short stories I made a list of how to make your story short... Unfortunately it's too late for us...
1. The lesser (main) characters the better. Mostly it's 2, since 1 is too boring. Well, we have 5. Which is really too much.
2. Have a simple (non-conspiracy) plot. Well... that's impossible for me. No conspiracy no fun!
3. Lame plot twists are acceptable so that the story can end fast... Er, currently no.
4. Ending doesn't have to be 100% complete... We're planning to follow this rule...
5. Plot doesn't have to be full of action or main points, a seemingly boring plot can be very nice if you are skilled at writing, basically just focus on the interaction between the characters will do. Okay, we did follow this one currently since the story is very random and has no main points...
6. Fix a style for the story: funny or sad or sarcastic. I think ours is sarcastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment