Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

THE Competition :0

Yes the day of ultimate terror has arrived. Today is THE day, the ping pong competition day!

Um... Actually we weren't that bad.

Well we got 4th. Okay, there was five teams. Hey at least we didn't got last~~~ Flo did in her basketball competition... Actually we won 2 matches out of 4. Which means that the other teams must be really good. I bet House Yellow which got first won all. They were really strong... In our match against them, we lost all 3 singles and 2 doubles to them ._.

Yi Qi and I were the 2nd doubles... In the first match, against House Green, we lost... It was quite disheartening actually. I can only say that we weren't quite ready yet since we didn't have time to practice before the match started. If we practiced we could have won. Duh.

The second match was against House Blue... We won, which was really encouraging since we mentally prepared ourselves for a total failure. (Like losing all 4 matches o.O) The third one was against House Red. Well they  put someone really random for 2nd doubles. I felt so... reassured... knowing that there ARE indeed loads of people worse than me! Yay!

The last one was with House Yellow. Which we lost. Actually the duo playing against us were weak compared to the rest of their teammates. But they were still skilled compared to us... My point is that House Yellow ping pong people are too scary. Unlike their basketball team which Flo was in and got last.

Basically this is the very first sports game I've participated in, minus the telematches in kindergarten and lower primary ._. Well that wasn't too bad since I didn't end up last...

4 consecutive matches of ping pong is quite tiring too! I ended up with a numb finger as a result of holding the bat in a same position for so long... It's still numb. But at least the hall is air-conditioned.

p.s. Okay this is completely unrelated. I'm recently obsessed over a color called Capri Blue. For people bad at Geography like me, Capri is an Italian (Yes!) island. And the reason it's called Capri Blue is that Capri has a famous blue grotto where you can go scuba diving. Even tho I'm not a fan of scuba driving, the view is simply amazing~~


No comments:

Post a Comment