Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Thursday, November 24, 2011

#9: Young Man


The moon was bright and the sky was cloudless.
  "Hey, why don't we go exploring?" unfortunately, Trick had chosen to hit upon another lousy idea of his again.
  "Trick! This isn't time for your silly ideas." I sighed.
  "Actually... I don't think it's such a bad idea." Natalie suddenly defended Trick.
  I stared at her. It was so not Natalie to stand on Trick's side, as she positively HATE him. "Nat? Is that you or what? You're helping him?"
  "Did I make an impression to my best friend that I am so unlogical? I just think that what he says is right, not who he is. Going exploring is perfectly logical. Our aim is to get out fast and alive, right? Which means, we can't just stay here doing nothing. Plus, who knows until when this good weather will stay? At least we need to stock up food, you know, in case we're stuck here and the mist landed again." Natalie reasoned. Heaving one last sigh, I gave up.
  "Mistress, look, there's a path!" It seemed to me that everyone else, even my dear Velvet, was totally into that exploring idea, as Velvet miaowed to me.
  "Let me see. Hm, that's a lake... and a field of grass besides. Should be safe. Come on everybody, follow me!" It's obvious that Natalie had taken the role of the expedition leader, much to Trick's unhappiness.
  We went down the steep path and walked around, searching for anything that might lead us out. Out of the blue, Red suddenly gave a yelp. "Somebody else is here too!"
  Turning, we saw a male figure silhouetted in the moonlight. "Since he's the only thing we've seen, meaning he survived or somewhat knows how to get away, we might as well talk to him." Natalie gave out another order.
  "Erm, hi? 'Cuse me, can you tell us where is this place, and how can we get back?" She cautiously approached, figuring that he should be just slightly elder than us.
  The young man didn't turn. He laughed softly but chillingly, and spoke just three words, "No one could."

<to be continued.>

No comments:

Post a Comment