Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Friday, January 31, 2014

Week 5 (B)

This will be a short post because I'm busy researching my debate audition stuff. Seriously I feel like chickening out, especially after they changed the rules, and after I realized that the Form 4s are so much better than me, but Nic will surely be annoyed. To speak of which, Nic ignored my message about the format stuff. Grr.

Anyway, happy chinese new year guys~ <say it in a bored tone> The reason for the bored tone is because in my family CNY isn't really that big a  festival. I don't really get on well with my paternal relatives, so yeah. And my maternal grandma just had an eye operation before CNY and she's still recovering so no big celebration either. So I'm seriously bored especially with my busy friends ignoring me.

But I've never been a big fan of CNY anyway, except for the food~~ and the angpow money~~~ and the holidays~~~~. I don't like the Astro CNY songs since I was in primary, for some reason I've forgotten. And I don't like the colour red, it's not my cup of tea, black suits me way better, but my mum is like, don't wear black to your friend's house, they might pantang (be unhappy because of some stupid superstitions). And I don't like CNY decorations, especially red lanterns. Especially red lanterns that half run out of batteries and keep blinking. They remind me of some ancient horror movie I watched as a child. I suppose the image just got stuck in my head. Lesson of story: don't let your young kid watch weird horror movies, they might develop some weird dislike towards some weird things. After all, life is weird. (That's the quote of the week from Flo.)

One more sad fact of CNY and we're done for the day. You know that moment in a relative's gathering when you make a sarcastic comment about some lame thing a particular relative you dislike said, and you realized there's no one beside you to hear you out. That moment when you missed your friends. #sadcase

p.s. Sorry that I forgot to post pics. They'll appear on the next post I promise~~ But never trust my promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment