Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Basic Human Rights

I know, I know I said I wouldn't bore everyone with school stuff, but I seriously cannot take it anymore and I need to let out my dissatisfaction somewhere. Plus, the only reader in this blog is only Shu Qi anyway... I'm sure she wouldn't complain.

Today instead of boring talks there was this insane group activity kinda thing. Again, the facilitator is a graduate here. (Seriously, dear juniors, I swear I won't ever come back to annoy you peeps okay?) She is 10 years younger than my mum but looks older. That's not the main point. The main point is, she is really irritating. And boring.

First, she made us split into 10 groups randomly based on the last number of our student ID. Seriously I hate it when teachers etc try to group us up with random people. You never know what weird people you could end up with. Thankfully most in my group are people I sorta know anyway so it wasn't that awkward. (Oh and a lot of peeps from my class cheated by all sticking together regardless of what group they're supposed to be in.) Then, she made us do stupid stuff like shout slogans and answer so-called common sense questions about the school. By awarding fake currency. Then there was a really lame investment game. Do not get me wrong, most currency games if carried out properly are fun, but hers is a total failure. Why? Because she was completely unplanned and do things randomly.

It's like, there were no rules except for what she said. For example, she awarded people currency according to her mood. A correct answer can earn you 10-500 depending on what she felt. It's like she's playing god to this whole thing, controlling whatever results. Which made the whole thing pointless coz your effort (or its absense) made no difference really. Like, when she asked everyone to collect weird stuff like shillings and white hair (which Crystal has a lot) and in the end she was too lazy to check so she just gave us 50 each. Which meant its meaningless really.

To make things worse, it didn't ended at 10 like it's supposed to. Apparently, the crazy woman decided to take matters into her own hands by changing the schedule. We were supposed to continue tomorrow and let the other classes have their turn first. But no. She insisted on finishing today. Duh. To be honest I was really exasperated with this in particular because in order to avoid as many talks/lame stuff as possible I signed up for an exhibition visit tomorrow. And since tomorrow it will be other classes' turn it means I can now NOT escape. ARGH. (As for the exhibition, I'm kinda annoyed as well coz at first the teacher in charge promised a car to fetch us there and back school but now she said we have to walk. It's not far but I hate walkiing. Remind me to bring my umbrella.)

Supposedly after 10 we had to dance those 广场舞 (you know, the one the aunties in China always do?) (Most terrible stuff that horrible woman did: She wanted us to dance 广场舞 but she actually did NOT use 最炫民族风 music! How could she! Didn't she know that it's a must? Not using that song is violating the basic rules of the dance! What, you do not know that song? Go Google it!) but thankfully I never had a chance to find out. U reckon I would return after finally escaping? Me, Pei Jiin and Nat went to find our dearest PKK teacher to find some work to do. Yeah we actually asked her is there anything we could do. And luckily she did found something for us! *Best teacher ever* So in the end we went to the PJ room to label every single ball and bats etc with the words 'PJK PCGHS'. Yay. *I <3 PKK*

Nat said she wasn't that bad. Actually, main reason I can't stand her is because she violated my basic rights.
1. Right to talk. I am a human and I have the right to make noise/talk. It's bad enough to split friends up and yet she kept shouting at us the shut up. I seriously hate it when people tell me to shut up. I feel like slapping those people.
2. Right to sleep. I was resting in a comfy, dark, cool corner and yet she had to move us and therefore I have no place to sleep unless I lie down in the middle of the road.
3. Right to NOT respect her. Being rebellious I shall NOT award you my respect unless you proof that you are worthy. And she didn't. She treated us like 3-year-olds. She didn't respect ME so I refuse to respect her. And therefore I would be glad to ignore her instructions. What right has she to instruct me? I have the right to refuse to be instructed! And I seriously can't stand her way of playing god to the whole lame game and controlling everything. Seriously, don't you dare to try to control me!

1 comment: