Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Yay I'm Back

Finally exams are over. Which means Nat, Flo and my dare shall now take effect. Well, to test each other's determination and perseverance, we have taken up a challenge to blog 50 posts in Nov and Dec. I should have started on Fri, but then I was in KL.

I'm sure no one would be interested in what I did in KL (and Ipoh) so basically this post is dedicated to... rest stops.

Personally I really dislike highways. I'm quite a scaredy-cat and highways make me freak out. Especially at night. It's so freaking dark. Well, that's why we need rest stops. Rest stops in Malaysia can be divided into two types: big ones and small ones. I'd advice you to go to small ones for the toilet, and big ones for the food. Coz the small ones have less people and is therefore cleaner.

When heading south we stopped at Taiping rest stop, which is quite small, have clean toilets, fruit stalls, and coffee vending machines. Nothing much. Last time I went to KL we also stopped at Sungai Perak rest stop, which is big, and if you have time you can take a ferry along the river. I would definitely recommend stopping at Tapah rest stop, they have awesome food. The white coffee shop is nice, and the curry mee from Express Stall is tasty and cheap. There's also Secret Recipe and Baskin Robbins. A must-stop for me.

As for northward direction, Tapah rest stop isn't really that special, maybe you could try RTC Perak rest stop instead. I haven't been there but there's a really big Agromall. Don't stop at Sungai Perak rest stop on rainy days as the toilets are located away from the main building. And it's kinda dirty. Semanggol rest station has small toilets which aren't really clean, a really big surau, and stalls that sell Islamic stuff. Oh and there's a shop selling dried seafood, opened by LKIM. Most importantly, Semanggol rest station has a lot of cats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment