Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Indian Food & Taiwanese Elections

Just so you know, the two things stated above are not related, in case you are confused or what. They just happen to make up parts of my boring but random life.

First, the Indian food. Just now I went to an (Indian, duh) restaurant, called Kashmir, for dinner. (I just did some Google searching, apparently Kashmir is a mountain? Or a place, whatever, and has musk deers.) It's not your typical mamak stall that comes to mind first whenever Indian food is mentioned. To make things clearer, it sells authentic Indian food, North Indian to be exact, instead of Indian-Muslim cuisine that is more common here in Penang. The restaurant, which was located in the basement (it's below its bar/pub kinda thing) is not really eye-catching, and we wouldn't have known it if not for a friend's recommendation. Actually, it might be part of Oriental Hotel. I'm not sure. There were quite a lot of people, surprisingly, and even more surprising is the fact that a large part was Chinese.
Only the pub is visible in this picture. To enter the restaurant,  you have to walk down a stair case by the side.
The internal deco is quite nice, and has an exotic feel.
We didn't really know what to order so we just had what the waiter recommended. (Btw, the waiter is not Indian, he is African. It's quite unexpected to see an African working in an Indian restaurant. I suppose the world is becoming more and more globalised. He's quite a nice guy, seriously DOME should consider firing all their waiters and hire someone like this instead.) The food servings are quite small actually, so we had 2 tandoori chicken, mutton massala, vege, 8 pieces of garlic naan bread and a plate of briyani rice. The main point is, all these, plus some complimentary appetizers (not really complimentary, they serve it to you without asking but they charge you anyway) and it all adds up to...... *drum rolls* RM130++ Well I dunno about you if you are as rich as Flo you probably don't care but for me it's a lot. I mean, it's just the three of us. Usually we eat RM50 or so per meal. Actually no that's not the main point. I think I'm just not used to having expensive Indian meals. Well if you go to Top 1 cafe in little India it's just RM20++ Perhaps I won't be so shocked if we spent RM130++ in Miam Miam. Okay that's kinda discriminatory. I suppose I have to understand that Indian food is counted as exotic cuisine too, just like Italian food and French food, so it's probably normal that they charge as much. But hey it's expensive. We rarely spend that much on food except for buffets. Anyway I have to admit that the food is really nice. Especially the mutton massala. Definitely a must try for meat lovers. (It's RM30++ and the portion is too small for that price, to be honest. But then, it's delicious.) And try the lassi too. I had a sweet one. It's... really sour. Quite special but some might not like it. For me it's nice. I like the Pakora too. (It's kinda like deep fried mixed vege. I dunno how to describe. Owh and its included in the not-really-complimentary appetizers.)

 As for elections... If you have been following Taiwanese news you would know that the mayor elections were on today. And at the time of posting the results are out. Much to my disapproval. Well I'm not a supporter of either parties, I'm just dissatisfied that 柯文哲 was elected as the mayor of Taipei city. Why? Coz I can't stand him. The guy's a jerk, a Chauvinistic pig that objectifies woman. He once said that he supports polygamy coz it could raise the birth rates. 1. We have rights to not freaking give birth. 2. Seriously? Polygamy? You do know it's 21 century right? I bet you don't. 3. No person with the slightest hint of a brain would make such a politically incorrect statement publicly. How can such a terrible person win? Especially when his opponent offered to take no salary for the job. How can you Taiwanese people make such a terrible horrible choice?? I can't believe it! As someone whose soul is probably from Taiwan (I was conceived there lol.) I felt truly disappointed. You guys really let me down. How can you choose such a &%^$(# person as your mayor? I understand that a lot of people felt anti-Kuomintang this time for some reason but then you should pick the candidate not the party. It's just so.... unbelievable that people would choose such a womanizer who lives in ancient China or something as their leader. I now truly believe that this society is going to fall apart due to moral decay. What kind of people will vote for such a person? A. Brainless B. Insane C. Politically blind D. Too numb to care E. Sexist pig  No matter which, I'm certain such a society has no future whatsoever. (Btw, I can't believe this guy managed to get married. If I'm his wife I'll slap him and dump him.) Seriously the world is going to end. I won't be surprised if a meteorite hits Earth tomorrow and destroys the whole human civilization. Goodbye world.

p.s. I have just finished uploading pictures and all but I'm so sleepy now so only 1 post today... Awwww sorry give me some rest...

p.p.s. Does anyone here reads Options? The magazine complimentary with The Edge? Anyway there's this columnist Kam Raslam who is really humorous and witty and talks about a lot of random things. I've been reading it since for quite some time and I think my randomness might be inspired by him. Well if it's not because of him then it's because of Nicole. Lol.

2 comments: