Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Monday, December 1, 2014

Orange Peel

Is it normal to be allergic to orange peel? I doubt it. But I suspect I am one of those rare people who is allergic to it. No kidding. Every time after I ate oranges, my hands would itch. Well, it would only make sense if I'm allergic to the peel but not the fruit itself, since I don't get a stomach upset from consuming oranges...

Actually I've more than my fair share of weird allergies. Did I mention that I used to be allergic to cold temperature? Serious. I think it's back in lower primary. I couldn't stay in air-conditioned rooms for long before itchy red spots start appearing on my knuckles. So basically I never traveled on plane during that period. Just as this particular allergy mysteriously appeared (I slept in air-cond rooms as a child and there weren't any problems), it magically healed one day. Well, life is weird. The bright side is from then on I got used to non air conditioned rooms and saved a lot of money. The sad part is my parents now have that perfect excuse to not let me switch on the air cond.

Anyway the one allergy I'm thankful I don't have is dairy products allergy. I can't survive for a day without dairy products. No offense but I think life must be hell for people who is allergic to dairy products. I mean, you basically can't eat anything. Well, except vegan food. Which isn't considered food for a carnivore like me. I'm that kind of person who thrives on dessert, butter, milk, ice cream etc. I suppose this is one thing I have to be grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment