Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Friday, December 26, 2014

PT3 Results

I went to school to get my results today. Well if it's up to me, I wouldn't have gone... I'm too lazy a person. (Serious. I won't get up early if I have a choice, even if it's to chat with friends, watch my fav tv program, continue my e-book... NO means no.) But my father seemed very curious about my results. And since mom was too lazy to cook, we went to a restaurant near school and collected my results on the way. Straight As, fortunately. To be honest I'm not nervous (Don't hit me.) since we have known our marks a long time ago, only that it's not official.

Only 11 people in our school got straight As this year. Compared to the usual 100+++ straight A people in PMR... That's really bad. But then it's good enough compared to other schools. To speak of which, most schools refuse to talk about their results when interviewed by the papers. But, humans have antennae. Unfortunately mine is not very long and it's too awkward to ask other people, so I hardly know how my friends did. I don't even know who got straight As in my school... The cons of being away when results are announced.

The government let everyone die, literally. I didn't expect that, neither did most people I think. You have to get 80 marks to get an A, and that's high for Malaysia standards. Not the case in PMR, I think. So at first I told my friends not to worry... But then word came out a few days before that 80 is the lowest for an A. A lot of people are upset, I think, especially Nat, she sounds really depressed in her blog. I'm not good at comforting people so I dunno what to say... Anyway, congratz to Nicole, Becca and Jen~

Quite a lot of people I know got 9As, and they're usually the most upset of all. Most "died" in Science and Lisan. Science is hard, really hard. As for Lisan... I think most didn't do well in the listening part. Well I'm lucky coz my English tuition centre gave us a lot of listening exercises since young, so although it's a different language, I've had some basic experience I guess.

The thing I hate about PT3 is, the K-BAT (higher order thinking skills) questions. And it's all because of PISA or something, you know, that international assessment thing in which Malaysia did badly. I have nothing against high order thinking, but if you gonna ask them, don't you think you better start teaching them? It's like, we have been taught to memorize all our lives and now you want me to think of answers to random questions not on the book. And if I can't it's my fault. Okay fine. If you have to do that, then at least use logic when marking our answers, instead of a marking scheme. The marking scheme is a dead thing but we are not. And we do not all have the same brains. So how can we all be thinking about the same thing. Higher order thinking is supposed to encourage us to come up with our own opinions, not force us to guess what the person who set the question is thinking. It's just not right to mark un-mainstream answers as wrong. Oh whatever thankfully it's all behind me now, I certainly do look forward to a new year and a new life. Good luck juniors, try your best to survive.

p.s. I can't stand the someone who said she loved PT3 coz she can think for herself, when the reporters interviewed her. I doubt so and I bet she's just seeking attention.

p.s.s. Jen I'm still angry at you for destroying our plans!! Originally we planned to gather together today with primary friends. We planned for a long time, but suddenly she couldn't make it, so we cancelled it since it's kinda pointless without her, as the rest of us are in the same school. Duhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment