Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Monday, December 29, 2014

Violence

I think I might be a bit too observant. Or rather, if you put it in another way, I like observing people. When I have no one to talk to, I usually sit back, make my existence as undetectable as possible, and start listening to what other people around me is saying... Lol I sound like a creep. Mind you I never pry on purpose I just happen to have a good hearing. It's not my fault you talk so loud. The downside is, I have to try my best not to laugh at their jokes.

Anyway... back to the topic. (Seriously I'm writing so slow here coz I kept reading stuff in my Baidu Tieba and felt so lazy to write...) Recently I have a habit of observing the kids in my art class. And so I have made this observation:

Boys seem to be born violent.

I'm not sexist... I'm just telling you my observation. Really. Haven't you ever realized that, boys seem to like stuff like guns, fights, knifes, killings, monsters, destruction, bombs, etc... Violent stuff like that. Like, they like to draw people dying... Stuff like that. I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to teach their children that sorta thing. As a girl I never experience this sorta sensation before so I truly don't understand. And somehow I find this sorta 'boy behaviour' annoying. I dunno why. Well, why would anyone in their right mind wanna destroy stuff for no reason? It's just weird.

There is indeed an alternate explanation, such that maybe online games and tv shows exposed them to violent behaviour. But as someone who grew up watching drama series that involved sword fights, gun fights, whatever stuff, instead of cartoons, I seriously doubt that it's the media's fault. Or maybe there's some chim/deep explanation that males have aggressive genes coz they used to hunt for food... whatever.

Any guy out there wanna explain something? Or maybe I should ask Nat, she is the most boyish of all my friends XD

No comments:

Post a Comment