Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Responsibility

Another post inspired by the discussions in Baidu Tieba. Should an emperor abandon his country for his love? (Note for Westerners: Enperors in China had lots of wives and in romance novels the main female character usually cannot stand it, and so they'll be like, you prefer me or the kingdom?!)

Most people says no. Because it's irresponsible. Some say, it's an honor if someone loves you so much that he would sacrifice his responsibilities for you. Even though you would end up being hated by everyone else. (Which brings us to, is it fair to blame the woman the emperor is infatuated with for the falling of the kingdom? My answer is certainly no. But that's enough for another post...) Me be like, I hate emperors anyway, not gonna get together with one even if he abandoned his country for me... But the point I want to make today, is that the emperor has his right to be irresponsible/responsible. What I mean is, neither his people or his love has the right to scold him coz the choice is his... Of cuz, if you're his love, you should just leave him you know ._. It's easier and I'm sure you can find someone else who places you in the first place, not comparing you with his responsibilities... My point is, you have no right to ask somebody else to sacrifice just because it's his responsibility to. He always has a choice to be irresponsible, you know. It's simply a bonus if he chooses to be responsible and to sacrifice, but who are you to criticize a person for not sacrificing? I believe in individual rights, so I believe that the stated emperor certainly has a right to be irresponsible. You cannot expect other people to sacrifice their love, their lives, whatever... for you. Even if it's the right thing to do, even if it's their responsibility.

But I must also admit that I may have conflicting personalities. In novels, the kinda person I despise to most (next to emperors... For some reason I hate emperors. I think you can hardly find a decent one out of 100) is spies who fell in love with their target. Of cuz, you can always tell me, according to what I wrote above, that the spy has a right to ignore his/her duties because no one has a right to ask him/her to sacrifice for his/her assigned tasks. But then... I just cannot help but feel that it's stupid to do so. It's like if you have to do something then do it well and finish it, don't give up halfway... Or maybe it's just because, for most of the time in novels, the spy who fell in love rarely gets a good ending. Mostly, the person he/she fell in love with, knew that he/she was a spy and was just using him/her. Well... People are actually really annoying and devious creatures. You know what, just get yourself a cat and be done with it. Forget the people =.=

p.s. Please, please, please leave a comment when you read my blog. It's kinda disheartening to just talk to the air... Don't just stalk me and float away, kay? Say something...

No comments:

Post a Comment