Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders

Okay, before we start... this has nothing whatsoever to do with the theme of this post, but still. Thing is, it's raining heavily outside, and yet I can hear someone singing kinda opera style in a very high pitch!! It's really creepy! Maybe I should just stop this post and go upstairs, you know, instead of pretending I heard nothing and continue blogging. Ishhhh. Or maybe it's just my crazy neighbour and I'm too timid.

I was just about to say it finally stopped when it sounded again. Duh. Whatever. Fine I shall just try my best to ignore that noise...

Anyway, before I get too distracted, let's just move on. So today I saw this claim on a tv show that people with OCDs often irritate their friends. I asked Nat if I'm irritating and all she gave me was a smile... (What the heck is that supposed to mean, Nat?)

Well, I admit that I'm quite obsessive + compulsive. It all started with obsessively checking whether I have set the alarm... Then it took over my life. Especially in exams... I had to compulsively check over every answer, even if it's just matching the lines or whatever. (Don't be surprised. Yea, even in the age of 15 we still have to answer childish questions like matching the lines.) And at first I thought the symptoms will go away automatically after exams passed, but sadly no. In fact it's now worse. Every time I travel I will check every half an hour to make sure that my phone, purse and camera are intact. When I went to Jonker Walk which is renowned for burglars, I practically hugged my bag in front. Yeah it's that pathetic. And, erm, is looking behind your shoulders when blogging considered as one? Well, I'm still kinda unnerved by the noise just now, you know. Oh and I have to at least quadruple check that I brought my contact lens to and back when traveling. Not to mention that I always confirm tuition dates with friends ever since forgetting that there's no tuition one day. Trust me, there's a lot more. But I don't think you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment