Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Saturday, December 13, 2014

I Admit that I'm Weird (Part 2)

So let's continue where we left off. I'll show you a horror story that chilled me for no reason. A team of soldier was assigned to guard a forest area. During Chinese New Year (the story was set in China), everyone else went home except for A and B, coz their hometowns were too far away. One night, A heard someone knocking on his door. However, as it was winter, he was too lazy to get up from his bed to open the door. And so he simply asked, who's there but no one replied. He then shouted that if whoever outside didn't reply, he wouldn't open the door. But no one replied. So he ignored the knocking. Then, the knocking outside stopped and whoever it was began knocking on A's neighbouring room's door. A thought to himself that the person knocking must be stupid since the occupants of the room next door had gone home and there was even a large padlock on the door. The knocking sound went further and further, apparently the knocker knocked from door to door. But of course, there were only A and B in the camp, so no one opened the door, until the knocker reached B's door. A could hear the sound of B opening the door and the knocking finally stopped. But after half an hour, it began again. A was annoyed and thought that someone must be playing a prank. He didn't open the door coz he's still too sleepy. The knocker repeated the routine of knocking on every door. The third time the knocking came to A's room. he was finally frustrated and cursed. He reached for the doorknob and suddenly realized that there should be no one around but he and B. Feeling slightly unnerved, he looked through the peeping hole cautiously before deciding whether to open the door or not. Instead of a human, he saw a wolf pounding on the door with its front paws! A immediately realized that B must have been eaten. Luckily, he had fire crackers in his room since he bought some for Chinese New Year. He threw them out of the window and frightened the wolf away, he then rushed outside, grabbed a gun, and checked on B, who had became a half-eaten corpse. It was day break by the time and A rushed to the nearest village for help. The villagers then told him that there had been such monsters around for quite some time.

Hardly a frightening story by typical standards, I doubt it would scare any of you, since it's unrealistic (seriously, even I don't believe it) and set in a condition (soldiers camping by the forest) we will hardly experience anyway. But then for some reason, it just gives me the creeps! And it's the only horror story I could remember out of the 400 in that book. I don't understand why I'm freaked out by such weird stuff instead of the normal scary stuff. I get it that, well, I might be just weird.

I stopped reading horror recently since it's unhealthy for someone who is going to a maths camp in the middle of a forest. (UKM, which is literally in the middle of a forest, and the hostels have no toilets, and the toilets have no hot water. I shall try my best NOT to die. And I will tell my roommate to say a password when she knocks.) So now let's talk about something else. Songs, maybe?

Right, so here are a few songs I listen to that I bet you've never heard of. All in Chinese coz my taster of English songs is perfectly normal (Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry...) and is thus not worth describing. However when it comes to Chinese songs I listen to a wide variety of weird ones. Maybe it's because my app recommends a lot of China songs that no one else knows. And also, more than a half of the Chinese songs in my playlist are the theme songs of movies/series. And about a third is from series set in old times. Maybe that's why they are so rarely heard of.
1. 半城烟沙 (It's an anti-war song from an online game. It sounds kinda weird to be honest but it got stuck in my mind during exam. And for some reason, a lot of novel writers recommend this song in their stories. That's why I heard of it in the first place. )
2. 巴黎夜雨 (From a movie no one knows. I find the tune kinda catchy and my phone loves this song, as in it always chooses to play this song when set in random mode.)
3. 雪花红梅 (From Scarlet Heart 2. Again, the tune got stuck in my head and took me a long time to find out which song it is, coz I apparently got the lyrics mixed up.) As for why the link is in Thai...I don't know.
4. 真永远 (Of all the songs from series set in old times, this song is my fav. But actually the reason might just be that at that time I watched it at 8 years old with my mom, <have I mentioned that I was raised on tv series, not cartoons?> one of the actors is the first guy I regarded as handsome.)
5. Lydia (The most normal song in this list. Except that it's quite a few years ago, when even I haven't started watching dramas. I think it's from a famous series but I dunno which one. Actually I just heard it this morning in the radio, realized that I've downloaded it before, and started listening, and is currently a bit obsessed over getting the correct tune.)

This is a long post. If you know me personally you probably know that I have even more weird stuff about me than I wrote about, such as my distaste towards kings, especially China ones. But I think that would call for a post on its own. Anyway if you decided to click on the links just don't freak out?

p.s. Remember the novel 奈何 I mentioned the other post? It's actually quite sad. But it's one of the rare ones where I didn't choose the supporting character over the main one. But that's probably because although I finished, I still dunno which guy is the main character... Okay actually my fav character committed suicide. Whatever I told you it's sad. T.T

p.p.s. We found the ceiling board. The worker put it somewhere random on the ceiling but not the correct place.

No comments:

Post a Comment