Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Values

Okay recently I've been loitering on Tieba a lot... What I like about Tieba is that there's always someone with the same interests as you, read the same books with you, like the same characters as you... In short, there's always someone you can relate with, and discussions you can take part in...

Anyway, someone brought this up and confused me... Apparently I have a complete different set of values with most readers of that novel...

Well, here's the story. I read that novel a long time ago and so the details are not quite clear but just try to get a main idea of the story. Oh and it's not rational, but just ignore that for a moment would you? (And the story is kinda... extreme. Oh whatever.) It's set in ancient times by the way.
The families of A(female) and B(male) are enemies. A's father framed B's father and resulted in B's whole family being killed, but B escaped. B came back for revenge and killed all of A's family except A... Then B raped A ._. and A committed suicide. C, who committed suicide in the modern world, crossovered to A's body... B didn't know that, of cuz, and was amazed that A survived. To further his revenge, he sold C/A (will be referred to as C afterwards) into prostitution .-. but C was lucky coz D, a general, fell in love with her and so no one dared to bully her. This angered B so he popped up here and then to mock C and to threaten her. And somewhere in between... B fell in love with C... (It's a lame love story, whaddaya expect?) However B didn't say, C didn't know, nor did she have mutual feelings. (In fact she liked D.) One day, C realized that she was pregnant... with B's baby... (D never did anything to her, D is so nice =.=) (I told you birth control is important.) C wanted to get rid of the child but B did everything to stop her. D and C quarreled because D thought C wanted to keep the baby. While D is still mad at C, D's family secretly hired assasins to kill C coz they thought C was the reason D kept neglecting his duties. B saved C and realized that he was in love with C. <I shall skip non important parts.> In the end, C used her connections with D to frame B and B was killed.

To be honest... I'm really happy that C killed B (tho not directly but still). I almost gave up the novel halfway coz I thought it was just another cliche story, C was going to fell in love with B and forgive him and all, coz B seemed like the classic type of main male character I hate but many love. So I'm so glad it didn't turn out that way, that the main female character finally had some brains and decided to take revenge~~~ In a nutshell, I 100% support C for killing B~~~

However, it seemed that the majority disagreed with me. They think that C is a terrible person to kill B, that C is morally wrong, that C betrayed B, blah blah. I really don't get their logic. Isn't it obvious that B hurt C first? That B is the one who doesn't deserve a happy ending? Why does so many people support him? Do they actually think that as long as B regretted and fell in love with C, whatever heck he did can be forgiven? I certainly do not think so, I think he deserves to DIE. Well maybe I just have different values from them. I was beginning to doubt myself but my mom assured me that I have better logic than those people......

Do tell me what do you think.

p.s. Just for your information, I stopped at halfway thru book 2 coz it was getting boring. The story above is Book 1. At the end of Book 2, B and C got together... Apparently B did die, but he crossovered. *looks annoyed* I told you it's irrational.

No comments:

Post a Comment