Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Admit that I'm Weird (Part 1)

Fine, I admit that I'm weird (and proud of it... kinda).


I shall skip the not-conventional-girl thing since I've known people that are worse such as Nat. And as for my personality... I don't actually know myself well so you'd have to ask Nic or the others. As for views and opinions... All I can say as that I can be a bit extreme if I want to.

Mostly I'm going to talk about my taste. Not as in fashion sense. Not that I have a good fashion sense anyway. Well you can't blame me since I have a low budget for clothes. (Or anything else, duh.) Okay, back to the topic, taste as in choice of books, (no hidden meanings, Nic/Nat) movies, and songs.

Books.What books does a teenage girl usually read? Romance is what Flo will answer. Fantasy + romance is what Ching Ching will answer. (Typical young adult fiction.) Erm, me? Well, I don't dislike romance or fantasy, but then I think typical romance is boring. Meaning I won't read a book just for the romance storyline. I mean, what's there to read about since we all know that the two main characters are going to be together. Plus, I always ended up supporting the supporting characters instead of the main characters. It's really annoying. I don't get why people support the main character. Just because the author likes him doesn't mean I must too. And also, I tend to like books that my friends (Nat) find boring. I like books that are kinda confusing. As in, inception-ish kinda thing. Confusing yet enthralling. Oh and I like funny books. Sometimes I'll read a book that humors me even tho the story line is really bad. And I believed I mentioned before that I don't like predictable story lines. I rather the book has no story line...

Here are a few books that I like but there's no one to share with T.T (I'm so kind I include links.)
1. Blink of an Eye. Awesome book! I don't get what Nic doesn't like it. She said it's because of the weird food descriptions. But that's not even the main  point!
2. The Witch of Portobello. Nat finds it really boring. I find it somewhat intriguing.
3. 墨烬斋. It's about reincarnations and is really confusing and has the most complex plot ever.
4. 奈何. The most recent book that makes me laugh hard. It's a comedy disguised as horror/fantasy. The main plot is kinda sad but the way it is told is simply too funny. But then, did I ever mention that I have also a weird sense of humor? I think my sense of humor is kinda dark. (Nat's is weirder. But still.)

Movies now. I like horror movies. None of my friends do. Enough said. But actually I like all horror stuff. Stories, movies, whatever. But then, reading horror stories is unhealthy especially for someone like me who gets scared easily. Actually no, not really easily, but the weirdest stories scare me. Most people are more creeped out by horror stories that seem more real, as in, happening in daily lives. But not me. I mean, I won't be scared but a ghost who wants revenge, in fact I would even think the victim deserves it. And as for ghostly shadows, I don't find them threatening as long as they did no harm. I think the stories that scare me the most has to do with unrelated people dying. Death frightens me. As in, the concept that one could just stop existing in a split second chills me. To an extent, even things that I lost without realizing unnerves me. Like, something could be there until suddenly you just noticed its absence, and you would never find it again. Like how someone you just met yesterday could die today. Or how you lost your favourite t-shirt in a trip. Or maybe it's just unpredictable stuff that put me on edge.

I'd write more but I'm so sleepy now. More tomorrow. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment