Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Friday, December 12, 2014

The Mysterious Case of the Vanished Ceiling Board

So, the good news is, the construction works in my house is finally over! Yay!

I hate construction works. Why?
1. It dirties the house.
2. It makes the air smoky. (Or maybe it's because the workers are smoking.)
3. It's noisy. (Okay, not that I really care since I can still sleep.)
4. I have to wake up early. (My daily schedule: Wake at 8.30, get dressed, wash up, continue to sleep.)
5. My house has Bangladeshi songs on. (The workers have a radio or something. And they use smart phones.)
6. It costs a lot.
7. I have to safe keep my belongings.
8. I have a lot of chores to do. (Mop the floor etc.)
9. I don't have the energy to blog after mopping the floor. (But I'm still here coz I'm responsible.)
10. There's no food. (To get food I have to get out of the house coz mum didn't cook.)
11. There was no hot water supply for a few days. (They changed the heater and it can't work. I don't like washing my hair with cold water. I know it's good. But it's too... COLD.)

Anyway I'm really glad they finished. However, while clearing up, we noticed something weird. A piece of the ceiling board is missing. No kidding. Which is weird since the board is of substantial size, and we would surely have noticed if someone took it away. Plus, it's not like anyone would want to steal a ceiling board! What for? But it seemed to have evaporated (or rather, sublimed, since it's a solid... whatever) into thin air and we just couldn't find it anywhere. (In case you're wondering, we did remove a few pieces of ceiling board to fix the pipes, but then all the other pieces were found except for this one.)

So now my toilet ceiling looks like this.




I'm starting to doubt my memory. Maybe it has always been like this but I just failed to notice. But in my mind the toilet always had a complete ceiling. Plus, even if it was removed at some point, it must still be somewhere. No one would be so crazy to throw it away right. The problem is, where the hell is it??

No comments:

Post a Comment