Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Creepy Phone Call (?)

Not really creepy in the sense of a ghost called and yelled at me. (Choi.) Neither in the sense that someone called, I answered but no one reply and there's just this wind howling... Too much imagination huh. Actually when I was in UKM a random number called and didn't say anything when I answered. But it does not sound creepy.

Okay back to the topic. (I got carried away.) Actually (I think I use a lot of 'actually's in my daily speech and blog.) it's not creepy at all, at the most a bit of a coincidence. It has a perfectly logical explanation, it's just that Nic kinda freaked out. Oh well, she freaks out at everything.

So... let me tell you something about the background story first. I, have a smartphone. Not surprising. And it's the only smartphone in my family, my parents aren't tech-savvy. I didn't really subscribe to a new package or what when I first got the phone, therefore my phone had no data, but I don't care coz my house has wifi. One day, my family wanna go to KL. To avoid getting lost, we wanna use Waze, you know, that GPS app that Shu Qi also has I think. This means we need data. So we chose a Maxis data plan that is cheaper. So I gave this new number to all my friends and changed my Whatsapp number. All is fine until I forgot to reload my phone plan during exams, coz I offed my phone as usual, and for quite long too. And so the number expired and I couldn't use it anymore... So the next time I had to go out of Penang I applied for another number. But I'm too lazy to tell my friends or change my Whatsapp number, in case the same thing happens again......

Just now, Nicole received a phone call. From my old number. And she thought it was me. So when she asked me and I said no she freaked out. There are actually 2 explanations.
1. The person who bought my old phone number accidentally called Nicole.
2. Someone (it's presumably a scam or something) called her but did something to alter his/her caller ID, to make it seem that someone from her contacts is calling her. In that case a random contact from her phone will be chosen randomly... That happened to me once, some idiot called to borrow money, and the number shown was Nat's father's mobile. I asked Nat if her dad's phone got stolen or something. The second time the caller called, it was shown as my headmistress calling.... Talk about speechlessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment