Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

GST

For your information, GST stands for Goods and Service Tax. Well, I hate it. Due to the implementation of this tax, my family has been spending lots of money. You might be confused why, since the tax will only be implemented next year. Well the thing is, we are using this time to buy new ones for almost everything in our house. So far we've got a new fridge, sofa and computer. And a new heater, since the plumber in charge of the construction works currently said that the old one might break down any day. We're also planning to get a new tv and washing machine. And maybe a tablet. And sadly, everything costs a freaking lot.

Don't you agree that everyone nowadays is simply craving for money? For example, the management in my condo. (I seem to be complaining a lot about them in recent posts.) They kept finding excuses to raise the management fee and the sinking fund, whatever the heck that is. And they silence objections by claiming that if the management doesn't have enough money, we might need to pay a bigger sum if something (lifts, lights, gym, swimming pool, I dunno) breaks down suddenly. Well in my opinion then charge us only when it happens duh at least we can keep our money safely in the bank for a little while more. Actually that's not the main point. The thing is, the management kept wasting our money. They spent RM200,000++ to build a 'grand' guardhouse that's 24-hour air conditioned. (Hey, I don't even have that luxury in my house!) I really don't see how this improves the residents' quality of life? It's not like I will go inside and sit all day right? To be honest I half-suspected that the person in charge might have 'swallowed' some of the RM200,000 used. Frankly, I don't think he's so kind to build an air-conditioned guard house just to improve the staff's comfort. And for some reason. the swimming pool kept having problems recently. Not as in, someone fell in and died lar, just that it kept closing for maintenance. Again and again. It's closed yesterday and will only be reopened on Sat. And when I walked by I noticed that the water was murky and disgusting. Ew.

And also... I can't stand the parking system in Penang. We're residents here and we deserved the land and we most certainly deserved to park for free! According to Haji Abdul Rahman Limbong, you know, that farmer guy we learned in Form 2 history, tanah hak Allah, bukan hak kerajaan. (Land belongs to God, not the government.) So, we should be able to park for free! Singapore government is so efficient that they can EARN money and distributes the earnings to their people, whereas here in Penang the government takes our money whenever we park. Duhhh. And it's more expensive compared to Ipoh or Melaka. And less systematized. In Ipoh you just have to put coupons from 9-6, but here it's different for every street. So you have to walk around to find the sign that dictates the time in which you have to put coupons. Plus, coupons are so not environmental friendly. Seriously what harm could there be if we are allowed to park for free?? Saves trouble for everyone, and it even reduces the workload of the traffic police! (They now have to give out fines to people who didn't put parking coupons.) I think even I or Nicole can be a better politician. =.=

p.s. Here's a random link that's really funny. And has nothing to do with this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment