Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Opinions

Just feel like talking about random stuff today. So here's some weird pieces of my mind.
1. Is it worth it to tell everyone about your blog?
Hmm. I think... yes? Well that's what I did anyway. Motive? Obviously, it is to attract more views. I dunno whether it is a success or a failure, well at least I have Shu Qi? XD But then again, there are a lot of cons too. The main thing is, I won't post stuff that's too private or too weird anymore. Which is kinda sad actually. And I try to avoid sia-sui stuff. And I am regretting the decision to link a ...... blog I share with Nat at the bottom of my blog, coz I'm not really sure I want to promote it to people I know... But then, some of them already knows. Plus, I wanna direct some traffic over there since it's kinda a lonely page with low views... As if I have high views, duh. Wait I can't believe I actually told you guys about the link. Okay fine ignore me. (By the way Flo if you visit here you might discover that I have a link to your blog too. Now thank me for promoting your blog. =P)

2. Do you feel more comfortable with exposing your life to a complete stranger or a familiar person (eg classmate, neighbour etc) ?
Stranger. It feels less threatening. This question is more or less related to the first one. I won't feel uncomfortable at all to write stupid stuff up here if no one knows who this blogger really am. It's like, if someone who knows me reads this blog, she'll probably think that I'm weird. On the other hand, if a random stranger reads this blog, she'll probably think that the blogger is weird but then she won't know it's me. Telling a stranger private stuff is almost perfectly safe as long as he never finds out your real identity. That's what I feel anyway.

3. Is it more embarrassing for a guy to be mistaken for a girl or for a girl to be mistaken for a guy?
The reason behind this is that, today I went to (another) Science fair with Nat and we both mistook a girl for a guy. Until we saw her long hair (tied in a bun). Back to the question, personally I think the latter is worse. Well, be it sexist or what, admit the truth that when people say that a girl is boyish they usually mean it in a bad way, but when one says a guy has feminine looks it's not necessarily a bad thing as it may mean that he has nice features. After all, aren't Korean stars hot? Sad case. But thankfully no one has ever mistook me for a guy. (I think.) In fact I recall someone disliking me coz she thought I was too girlish. But then I don't think so, it's not like I have a high-pitched voice, neither do I have a curvaceous body shape. Well.

4. Which one is more impressive, a novel that makes you sympathize with its antagonist or one that makes you hate the antagonist?
I seriously have no idea. Obviously, if the author tried to make you hate the antagonist but you ended up liking him, or vice versa, then it's a complete failure. Otherwise I dunno. But then, if a character is designed as the antagonist, he is supposed to be bad right, so most of the time we are supposed to hate him I guess. Nat says she thinks that making readers hate the antagonist is more impressive as it's harder, since hate is a more complex emotion. She also said that in my case, it's easier to make me hate someone than to sympathize with them... Which is actually kinda true, except for the fact that most of the books I read have no antagonist, or maybe I failed to recognize them? Except Blink of an Eye, where I really hate Omar, he deserves to die and thankfully he DID die. Yay. Oh and also Nat says she usually dislikes the protagonist rather than the antagonist. But then she is usually emotionless when reading. I dunno about protagonists and antagonists, but I know I usually support the wrong guy (the supporting character who is destined to lose to the main character) when the book has more than one male characters. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment