Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Sunday, November 16, 2014

PISF

Penang International Science Fair. At PISA (now known as SPICE after Setia bought it) which is really far away from the centre of my universe a.k.a. my house. (Have I mentioned before that, being a total failure at recognizing directions and routes, I literally take my house as the centre of the world? As in, if you ask me to show the way from my school to, say, a frequently visited restaurant, I'll have to go all the way back home and out again. No short cuts sorry.)

Well that's where I went today with a bunch of, prefects lol. Who would have known this day would come? Anyway that's not the point. The reason we went there is because the school entered us into some workshops. Free. Actually you wouldn't have guessed how many people I met there today who came on their own... I suppose the fair is quite famous and therefore attracts a lot of people. But it's my first time there coz lazy people like me rarely go to events.

My workshop is about nanoparticles, and in the end we were given a tiny bottle each of nano-gold... Which can supposedly be processed to cure cancer. But then, I dunno what am I supposed to do with it. But it's kinda cute... So I shall put it as a deco in my room lol. And the facilitators kept stressing that it's very expensive. (No offense but it's really a torture to try to understand Taiwan English. I think most of the participants cannot get what the professor is talking about, and everyone had this blank look.)

After the workshop we kinda walked around in the fair, PISA is really big for someone like me who has a complete absence of a sense of direction and therefore, I kept getting lost. For some reason I cannot find the exit on the 2nd floor and I had to go back to the 3rd floor to exit... Sheesh.

Oh and among all the things I did, one was kinda sia-sui (embarassing). You see, there was this stall from Keysight, if you complete all the three activities they give you a mug. I was like, hey I want that mug. I dunno why, perhaps it's because I need a new mug. Well, so I queued up for the activities, which was kinda lame actually. The main problem with the fair was that there were too many people and to do ANYthing you have to queue. Somewhere along the queue I discovered that everyone around seemed younger than me. I was like, what the hell am I doing? Then I was like, nevermind I want the mug and I'll get it.

I got it in the end. Photos next post. It's a really normal mug actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment