Search Velvet's Blog

Miaow, My Virtual Kitten

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Maksud tersirats

I have this... weird... behaviour kinda thing. It seems that, from a young age I use hidden meanings in my conversations. Without actually realizing it until today when I was absent-mindedly thinking about myself. (According to the test I mentioned in 'A Lot Of Weird Stuff', I'm an introspective person, not a narcissist.)

Anyway. As I was saying, I often tell someone specific things for a specific reason. How do I explain this without sounding too freaky? Okay, like, if I see an interesting article somewhere, I'll think of someone whom I'd like to tell this story to. For a reason. Of cuz, it's not like everything I say has a double meaning, it's just quite often...

The main reasons:
1. I thought that the person would react in a specific way, such as to disagree or agree strongly, so I would like to test out my theory.
2. I thought that the person would surely disagree or even be horrified by the views portrayed through the story and therefore I would like to agitate him or her.
3. I agree whole-heartedly with the views and I want to see if other people share the same thoughts with me.
4. I have long disagreed with the person's views but dunno how to tell him or her so I use the story as a media to express my views (and to hint at the person to stop trying to influence my with his or her views which I definitely does not agree with.)
5. I try to influence the other person who has opposite views with me through the story.

Mostly it's a combination of 2 and 4. I used to enjoy choosing controversial articles for my newspaper cutting assignment and write my own ever so slightly extremist views about it and see if it drives the teacher crazy. I think it kinda did, last year. Not exactly, but the teacher always give me bad marks... But this year the teacher seems to accept my views open-mindedly, but I suspect it's only because I'm one of the only persons who at least does the homework seriously instead of talking crap.

I'll admit that I enjoyed telling a story of controversial moral values to more traditional people to see if they freak out. Especially when I go on to say how much I agree with it. (For example, I think I'd enjoy telling a religious person that I support abortion rights. Unfortunately I never had the chance since I don't know any religious people.) Well I'm a mischievous person.

But sadly, most people are too dumb to get my hidden meanings. So next time I gaze at you meaniingfully after I tell you something, please reply instead of just saying 'Oh'.

No comments:

Post a Comment